Impro laboratory services are staffed with experienced and certified technicians and field experts. Equipped with the latest technologies from leading brands, we offer a wide array of services in-house to ensure timely services.
Metrology testing lab
Impro metrology testing laboratory provides fast and reliable dimensional inspection and measuring instrument calibration. Our lab staffs are skilled and certified technicians in the metrology field. Measuring tools, instruments and equipment used in production processes are calibrated to ensure the validity of measurement results. We inspect castings and machined parts with high-tech equipment to ensure their dimensions conform with design specifications.
A variety of inspection equipment includes:
- Vision Systems
- Optical Comparators
- Portable CMM Arms (Contact & Non-Contact)
- Laser Scanners
- Height Gages
Materials testing lab
Impro materials testing laboratory is fully equipped and accredited to perform destructive and non-destructive testing services for raw materials and finished parts made of metal alloys. We adhere to a strict quality system and procedures to ensure reliable inspection results.
We test and analyze materials using destructive testing methods in accordance with ASTM, ASME, ANSI, AMS, EN, ISO, and MIL standards and customer specifications. We are accredited by NADCAP and comply with AS9100, IATF16949, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.
Our Material testing lab services include:
- Chemical Analysis (OES and manual quantitative analysis)
- Carbon, Sulfur, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Hydrogen Analysis
- Metallographic Analysis
- Mechanical Property Testing
- Elevated Temperature Tension Test
- Stress Rupture Test
- Fracture and Fatigue Testing For Special Parts.
- Metallurgical Testing
- Corrosion Testing
- Welder and Welding Procedure Qualification
- Hardness Testing (Brinell, Rockwell, and Vickers hardness inspection)
- Cleanliness Testing (Patch test)
- Failure Analysis
- Salt Spray Testing, Taber Wear Testing, Adhesion Tape Testing etc. for control chemical processing
Our NDT inspectors are certified to meet industry requirements. The results of all NDT testing are evaluated by highly experienced NDT Level 2 & 3 technicians.
Our non- destructive testing (NDT) services includes:
Contact Ultrasonic Testing (UT) services is performed in products, and inconsistencies in castings and precision machined parts.
Hydrostatic pressure testing
Hydrostatic Pressure Testing is used to verify the performance capability of fluid-filled parts to identify leaks.
Magnetic particle inspection
Surface and near surface discontinuities can be identified in products using Magnetic Particle Inspection services. Wet fluorescent Magnetic Particle Testing or Dry Powder Testing is performed on products up to 12 ft. long using equipment with a maximum output of 6,000 amps.
Liquid penetrant testing
We perform dye penetrant testing using both fluorescent and visible dye on products up to 25 ft. long for detecting surface-breaking flaws in materials with a non-porous surface.
X-ray inspection / radiography
X-ray Inspection is used to verify the integrity of internal components and determine the quality of castings. Our X-ray inspection equipment has a 20’ x 20’ vault to handle very large parts in size and can penetrate parts of thick walls.
All test and inspection results are evaluated by our certified NDT Level 2 and Level 3 technicians.
|X-Ray||ASTM E 1742|
|Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection||ASTM E 1417|
|Magnetic Particle Inspection||ASTM E 1444|
X-Ray: both digital and film, radiation wall thickness up to 70mm
|Tensile Testing||ASTM E 8 & B 557|
|Chemical Analysis -OES||ASTM E 415 & E 1086 & E 1251|
|Nitrogen Content Analysis||ASTM E 1019|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM E 18|
|Brinell Hardness||ASTM E 10|
|Intergranular Attack||ASTM A 262|
|Micro Hardness||ASTM E384|
|Elevated Temperature Tension Test||ASTM E21|
|Stress Rupture Test||ASTM E139|
We have made significant investments in top-grade inspection and testing equipment to ensure that we provide only the highest quality products. For example:
- Our Speck spectrometer checks Fe Base, Ni Base, Al Base, Cu Base, Co Base, and Ti Base.
- Our Leica metallurgical microscope produces high-resolution images 1,000 times magnified.
- Our Leica cleanliness meter determines particle size and quantity to ensure materials meet or exceed the international standard.
- We use GE ultrasonic detectors to discover flaws.
- We use X-ray machines and accelerators that can scan castings with 200 mm maximum wall thickness.