Aerospace components are used in extreme environmental and mission critical applications. They experience fluctuating temperatures and load stresses. Often, these components feature complex and intricate metrics that need to be extremely precise to make them function correctly. Due to their often critical roles in aerospace systems and operations, these components must offer reliable performance even when exposed to high-stress environments.
At Impro, we offer precision machining, investment casting, permanent mold and shell mold casting manufacturing technologies to produce aerospace components that meet industry standards. We also offer in-house heat treatments and surface treatments as well as a host of inspection and testing services to ensure product quality. Our additional capabilities help us to provide one-stop-shop solutions, as we provide high-quality parts at competitive costs delivered on time.
Our capabilities include:
- CNC precision machining (4-axis and 5-axis equipment) for stainless steel, alloy steel, aluminum, superalloys, and titanium to make parts from plates, billets, bar stocks, and forgings
- Investment casting for aluminum, low alloy steel, stainless steel, Nickel and Cobalt-based superalloys and titanium in sizes ranging from a few ounces to 100 pounds
- Permanent mold casting for aluminum parts up to 16 inches in diameter or length and 35 pounds in weight
- Shell mold casting for aluminum parts up to 12 inches in diameter or length and 30 pounds in weight
- Heat treatments including vacuum gas cooling, vacuum oil cooling, aluminum alloy heat treating, gas nitriding, cold stabilization, stress-relieving and tempering and aging
- Surface treatments, such as anodizing, chemical conversion coating, passivation, plating, stress, and embrittlement relief, etching, painting and dry film application
- NDT and laboratory testing including X-ray analysis, fluorescent penetrant inspection and magnetic particle inspection
We manufacture and supply investment castings, permanent mold castings, shell mold castings, and precision machined parts for aerospace applications, such as air and fuel systems, engines and engine management systems, flight control systems, hydraulic systems, auxiliary power units, and landing systems.
Aerospace Investment Casting Capabilities
Impro’s investment casting process pours a wide range of metals, including stainless steel, superalloy, aluminum and titanium, which are common for aerospace parts.
Typical Aerospace Investment Casting Products
- Valve mounts
- Swirl nozzle
- Engine rings
- Body and assemblies
- Seat and assemblies
- Manifold and assemblies
- Cooling Tubes
- Mounting Brackets and Flanges
- Retainer Seal
Aerospace Precision Machining Capabilities
Precision machining methods at Impro offer a wealth of advantages for customers who desire parts that have high requirements for close tolerance and surface finish. We have a full range of precision machining process capabilities, including CNC turning, vertical/horizontal milling, grinding, and many others. When a customer requires high quality aerospace components and competitive prices, our precision machining methods offer impeccable results.
Typical Aerospace Precision Machining Products
- Motor Housings
- Port Caps
- Drive Shafts
- Valve Seats
- Rod Ends
- Discharge Fitting
- Canister Covers
- Support Brackets
Aerospace Permanent Mold and Shell Mold Aluminum Casting Capabilities
Impro’s permanent mold and shell mold casting capabilities allow us to turn out highly accurate components with complex geometric structures. We can turn out parts with high quality to meet a customer’s deadlines and their highest expectations.
Typical Aerospace Permanent Mold and Shell Mold Aluminum Castings
- Front Housing Assembly
- Flange Mounting
- Flange Housing
When you are looking for durable, reliable, and dependable aerospace parts, turn to the one-stop- shop capabilities offered at Impro.