Introduction to Impro’s Precision Machining Manufacturing Services for Aerospace Mechanical Parts
Aerospace companies face unique challenges with the mechanical parts used in their equipment. These components are often utilized in applications under the most extreme of environmental conditions. There may be wildly-fluctuating temperature differences and corrosive elements, or high-stress and extreme wear situations, yet they must still be able to offer reliable performance.
These components often feature complex and intricate metrics that require extreme precision in order to function properly, even under these challenging circumstances. Since they play such critical roles in aerospace systems and operations, these mechanical parts cannot fail during intense in-flight operations. This article looks at the precision machining manufacturing services that Impro utilizes to produce these key aerospace mechanical parts.
What is Precision Machining for Aerospace Mechanical Parts?
Precision machining is a finishing technique to precisely remove material from a piece through one or a combination of machining processes, the professional shop at Impro can produce extremely accurate components with high tolerances and excellent surface quality. CNC, or computer numerical control, gives us the ability to convert unique designs into exact shapes through multiple dimensions.
Aerospace CNC machining is the creation of parts used in assembling and maintaining aircraft and aerospace equipment. Impro employs a variety of machining techniques to produce superior aerospace components that meet industry standards and demanding customer requirements.
What are Impro’s Precision Machining Capabilities for Aerospace Mechanical Parts?
Impro offers precision machining manufacturing technologies to produce aerospace components that meet rigorous industry requirements. We also offer in-house heat treatments and surface treatments, as well as a host of inspection and testing services that help to ensure a high degree of product quality.
We can provide one-stop-shop solutions, and produce high-quality parts at competitive costs, which are delivered on time. The aerospace manufacturing facilities at Impro are AS 9100 certified. We also have an expansive list of in-house special processes that are NADCAP certified. Our full range of capabilities for aerospace mechanical parts includes:
- 4-axis and 5-axis precision machining for materials such as billets, bar stock, plates, and forgings, made from aluminum, stainless steel, alloy steel, and superalloys.
- Investment casting for aluminum, titanium, low alloy steel, stainless steel, and superalloys, in sizes ranging from a few ounces to 100 pounds.
- Permanent mold casting for aluminum parts, up to 16 inches in diameter or length, and 35 pounds in weight.
- Shell mold casting for aluminum parts, up to 12 inches in diameter or length, and 30 pounds in weight.
- Heat treatments, including gas nitriding, vacuum gas cooling, vacuum oil cooling, aluminum alloy heat treating, cold stabilization, stress relieving, tempering, and aging.
- Surface treatments such as plating, anodizing, chemical conversion coating, passivation, stress and embrittlement relief, painting, etching, and dry film application
- NDT and laboratory testing, including X-ray analysis, fluorescent penetrant inspection, and magnetic particle inspection.
What are the Benefits of Precision Machining for Aerospace Mechanical Parts?
Precision machining utilizes advanced, computerized machine tools to achieve the demanding tolerances and create the most complex geometric cuts required for aerospace mechanical parts. CNC machine tools give Impro the capability to convert unique designs into exact shapes through multiple dimensions. The benefits of precision machining include:
- Increased speed throughout the part’s production.
- High degree of consistency, from prototype to final design.
- Ability to achieve a high level of complexity and accuracy.
- Reduced cycle times.
- High-quality surface finishes.
- A capacity to complete multiple features at the same time.
- Improved quality and consistency over high volume requirements.
What are Typical Aerospace Precision Machining Products?
The precision machining methods at Impro offer a wealth of advantages for aerospace customers, who specify parts with high requirements for surface finish and close tolerances. We have a full range of precision machining process capabilities that include CNC turning, grinding, vertical/horizontal milling, and many others. When a customer requires high quality aerospace components and competitive prices, our precision machining methods produce impeccable results. Typical aerospace precision machining products include:
- Motor Housings
- Port Caps
- Drive Shafts
- Valve Seats
- Rod Ends
- Discharge Fitting
- Canister Covers
- Support Brackets
Learn More About Impro’s Precision Machining Manufacturing Services for Aerospace Mechanical Parts
Impro is a global, integrated manufacturer of high-precision, high-complexity and mission-critical components for the aerospace industry. We use state-of-the-art CNC process technologies and equipment throughout our manufacturing operations. If you are interested in finding more information about our aerospace precision machining capabilities, please contact our team of experts today.